Sunday, September 25, 2011

Coming Soon!

As I may have mentioned in the past, my mother is part of a few different relay teams. She tackles SheROX series races as the swimmer in various team configurations of her friends, families and friends' friends. This summer, she and her friends have been calling me up, calling me coach, and asking me various triathlon questions. Some of these questions are very reasonable, some of these questions are interesting, and some of them are downright hilarious. Her current team "Grannies in Training" has been by far the most amusing. They are racing today, so I can't wait to hear how they did. Once the results are in, I will likely be writing a post (or perhaps a book) about my experiences "coaching" the "Grannies in Training."

In the meantime, Competitor Magazine is running a cool series of online videos that I think I will be following. Here is the second episode:

And my training? going pretty well. Today is my first long run of this training block. Yesterday I did a really nice 4 mile trail run. I am also still cycling because I too have been assimilated into a relay team with my mother, set to race in November. She named us the "Thunderpuppies." I do not understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment