Saturday, July 9, 2011

Flats and Bricks

Another few days of training under my belt on this new half-distance program, and for the most part I am seeming to handle the increase in intensity pretty well. I haven't been following the running portion of the plan exactly because I know that I will need to ease into running more slowly than the plan allows because of my injury history. The biking and swimming, however, have been manageable, so I am pretty excited about that.

I've also started two-a-days on this program, and my first real one didn't exactly go as planned. The problem wasn't so much a fitness issue, but was really an equipment issue. I did a run on Thursday morning before work, and then a group ride with the bike shop in the evening. Unfortunately on the ride I ran over something, probably glass, that shredded my tire and got a flat. And then another. So the ride took longer than anticipated and I had to take it easy on my last tube, because there was still a huge gash in my tire and I didn't have anything left to change another flat... But it was good practice to be out there changing flats on the fly!

Today I got in a really good brick workout in my local park. I actually might have enjoyed it a little bit...I know that might mean I'm crazy...

Anyway, I am trying really hard to keep my legs, and particularly my hip, pain free. This means I am spending a lot of time with that dreaded, yet heaven sent, foam roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment