Sunday, June 12, 2011

one week??

Somehow with all of the insanity of life, we have gotten to the point that my race is only a week away! One week!

So lets go through a little check list? The ready list:

Swim? probably ready
Bike? Definitely ready
Run? ......ummm......

Yeah still can't really run too much. I can get in two miles or so, and I haven't had the same kind of pain in my hip that causes me to stop and limp home. But I have an aching after, and I just know it's not all the way back. Elliptical for 6.1 miles? No problem. I'm ready to do a half marathon on the elliptical! Oh wait, that's not how triathlon works...crap

In other news, this is the largest race I have ever done, so this will be the first time I do things like rack my bike the day before the race. This will also be the first time I see pros compete! I am excited for all of this. I'm excited for the expo! I'm excited for the bike, which I know I have greatly improved my speed for! Just not excited to run...

I have a new recipe for you guys, but my computer is literally seconds away from dying. More later!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry girl... you will do fine next weekend... even on the run! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great! By the time you get to your run, it's just one foot in front of the other! :)

    Ooooh, I'd love me some elliptical as the third leg. Can you imagine how awesome that would be? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete