Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And then life happens...


So this week began with a bit of a tragedy for my family. While I was up in my hometown, one of my family's dogs, my sister's 7 year old doberman named Neo, fell very ill and passed away Tuesday morning. It has been a rough last 36-48 hours for us all. I stuck around all day yesterday so that my sister could get home for a little family burial service and then drive her back down to the DC area. Neo was a very very special, goofy, wonderful dog and he is sorely missed.

Yesterday I couldn't get in the scheduled swim workout, but I did have access to my grandparents' small-ish pool where I tried pool running (aquajogging?) for the first time. There was a bit of a learning curve, and I didn't really figure out how to "go hard" until near the end of the time that I had to work out. After 40 minutes I didn't feel like I had done that much, but I guess it couldn't have hurt. My hip wasn't bothering me after, so that was a plus. I don't think I am going to run at all this week, in an effort to give it more rest.

I put in my swim today. I was nervous to be alone with my thoughts, but I got through ok. Didn't hurt that it was a truly beautiful day and I got to use the outdoor pool and lie in the sun for few minutes after I finished. I feel a bit better after getting a dose of exercise and sunshine.

R.I.P. Neo, we love you.

2 comments:

  1. My family had two Dobermans when I was a kid. They are amazing dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss. that was a well dress puppy

    ReplyDelete