Friday, May 6, 2011

Run down from a cold

Feelin' mighty sorry for myself the past few days. This cold is kicking my ass, energy wise. It's not the worst I have had, but I am really zapped. Having trouble motivating myself to train, and even more trouble concentrating on getting things done.

Did get a really great group ride yesterday with my bike shop. Got to demo a new bike, which was amazing. Of course now all I want to do is buy a new one. Don't get me wrong, I love my ol' "Mitchell" but he's kind of a hunk-o-junk compared to the stuff I can demo at the shop. I mean daannnggg. Now where to find the money...

Anyway, feelin' pretty crappy today. Really exhausted. Don't feel like doing the tough swim workout I had planned, so I think I am going to take advantage of the nice weather and do a really easy run (or try. See how the hip feels). I was going to try to get work done today, but my concentration is so shot, I might do better with a nap... We shall see!

Two goals for the run:
1. limited/no hip pain (not pushing myself too hard or too long)
2. not hacking up a lung

I'll get back to you.

2 comments:

  1. When I went into the bike shop last Spring and told the guy I was looking for an inexpensive bike for triathlons, one of the first things he told me was "If price is a main concern, don't even look at a carbon frame." I immediately appreciated his honesty because I had been in shops before where the first thing they want you to do is to "Just try out" a carbon frame. And oh-my-God do they feel amazing compared to my 90's steel frame. haha

    I'd be in trouble if I gave myself the time to demo new bikes.

    ReplyDelete