Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pre-training and Inspiration

First, a nice little vid about Matt Lieto: An Unexpected Journey. It's inspiring, and I definitely relate:


This is the last week before my official tri training schedule begins. For a few reasons, it won't be a massive leap to go into training. The first is that I'm still in my recovery plan for my shins. They don't hurt as much as they did, but I have to be sure not to give into the temptation to run yet. I need to keep off of the pavement and the impact, and keep up with the (gosh darn annoying) elliptical. So, next week I won't be ready to start running yet. I'm still up in the air about whether or not I'll run in the 5K I'm signed up for in a week and a half.
Another reason the jump into training won't be a huge leap is that I haven't been sitting around resting... he he. I spent the last week making sure that I can accomplish the swim and bike workouts scheduled for the first week of my training plan. In addition to all this, I am actually going to be in Disney for the first week of my training plan. There is a gym, so I'll be doing most of my stuff indoors. This is good cause its there, but bad cause I won't have my bike. There is a pool, but it looks like it's a strange shape, and I am not really sure about lap swimming. What I may end up doing is starting the real schedule when I get back.

SO all of that said, I've been to the pool a bunch this week, trying to get a jump start since I won't really be swimming enough in Disney. I got a nice ride in to test out my new clips the other day (they're cheap and they act like it). Then it snowed again, so I'm stuck indoors again. I've been busting my ass on the elliptical, and lifting with my hockey player. I'm ready to get into my schedule!! oh and to get some followers...

No comments:

Post a Comment