Sunday, February 6, 2011

Running and Feasting

I love watching my wife play hockey. She's so fluid and relaxed on the ice, and the games are intense. Her team is super competitive and it's a exciting and fun to watch. And damn she's good.

Anyway, just thought I would rant a bit about an unrelated sport! It's still off season for another week or so, but I am also still trying to get some easy base training in. That means I'm heading out for a run in a few minutes. I have a 5K in a month, and although covering the distance is no biggie, it would be nice to cover it sort of fast! Running fast is not my specialty so much as tenacity... In order to aid in that I am going to start joining my local tri club in track workouts on Wednesdays. More on that after it happens. I have to admit I've never really done a real track workout before and I am a bit intimidated.

But today is a "long run" day, which won't be long at all. It is beautiful outside however, much less brisk than it was earlier this week. I am hoping my usual running route isn't a skating rink as it was the last few times I went out. Earlier this week I had to break down and use a treadmill...ick! Progression running is easier on the treadmill because you know exactly how fast you're going, but it doesn't make it any less boring!!

So I'll hit up the streets and hope for pavement under my feet, maybe even test out a trail nearby. Then it's back here to shower and shop. A friend of mine and I are cooking a feast while my wife and the boys watch the Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong, I like football, I just don't care about the teams playing this year and I would rather roast venison and make delicious veggie side-dishes. Culinary skills will be put to the test!

To the streets I go! Hills and Miles and then FOOD ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment