Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekly Recipe: ParmPlus Turkey Burgers

Today's recipe is one of my standards. One of my favorite things about it is that you can add and subtract ingredients pretty easily. The "Plus" in the recipe title refers to these add-ins. Personal fav add-ins: chopped spinach, scallions, leftover quinoa, or gorgonzola. When I made these last night, I added finely chopped red onion. It caramelized some while the burgers cooked, which added a really great, unexpected flavor. Try them any way you like! I didn't put any toppings on these burgers last night, but they can be dressed up with all the normal burger fixings. Last time I topped with sauteed mushrooms and swiss! mmmm!

ParmPlus Turkey Burgers

1 lb package ground turkey (93 or 99% fat free)
1 tablespoon plain, nonfat yogurt (for moist burgers, optional)
2 tbs soy sauce
3 or more tbs low fat, grated parmesan cheese
Add-in of choice!! (try chopped spinach or onions)
2 tsps Adobo seasoning, or seasoned salt
2 tsps Montreal chicken seasoning or favorite spice mixture
2 cloves minced garlic

If you are not using a grill, you will need:
1 or 1 tbs olive or vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients except olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Heat up grill, or heat olive oil in pan. Use hands to roll meat mixture into balls (a bit larger than a golf ball works for me) and then flatten into burger patties. Usually makes around 5 burgers. Pan fry on medium heat, or grill, until cooked through.

Prepare any desired fixin's or sides. I pan fry my burgers cause we have no grill, and it can take a while to cook through. I served steamed green beans and a grain mixture from Trader Joe's with my burgers last night. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment