Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Salmon with Mustard Dill Sauce

Sounds snooty, but it's super easy and so so yummy! And salmon is very good for you, with high levels of omega 3s! I got the recipe originally from epicurious.com, but have modified it some, mostly because my fish doesn't cook as quickly as they say it will. I also make the sauce a bit more simple. Here it is!

Broiled Salmon with Mustard Dill Sauce

2 Salmon fillets (if you care about seafood sustainability, like I do, Pacific/Alaskan wild caught)
1 tbs soy sauce
1/4 cup of whole grain mustard
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Splash of low fat milk
1 tablespoon fat free yogurt
Pinch of sugar

Rinse the salmon and pat dry. Place on baking sheet or pan, skin side down. Rub soy sauce on fillets and place in broiler, about 4 inches from flame. Broil until cooked through, about 10 minutes. If your salmon starts to get very cooked on the outside but not through, turn the oven onto 350 and bake till cooked through.

While salmon is cooking, mix together chopped dill, whole grain mustard, milk, yogurt and pinch of sugar in a small bowl. Once salmon is finished, plate and spread with mustard sauce. I like to serve my salmon with green beans or broccoli.

Like I said, super easy and super yummy. And very healthy.

Today was a swim day for me and I felt really great. I was a bit tired before I swam, but for some reason as soon as I hit the water I was energized. I felt like I could have kept going and going, and I pushed my "moderate" pace a little bit to see if I could. I really enjoyed the whole swim. It's a nice, unexpected reward for all the hard training I put in, to have a day that feels so good. I am still a bit worried with how little volume I am swimming in this program, but I am going to stick with it and see what happens. My first tri isn't too far away, and I should probably spend more energy worrying about my run. Hoping this hip injury will disappear quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment